Power Searching with Google
A free course to help you become a better searcher
Knowing how to find answers on Google is an important skill in today’s digital age. Taught by Google’s Search experts, this online class will help you search smarter, so you can find the information you need — even in the most challenging situations.
What you'll learn
This is an online, community-based course showcasing search techniques and how you can use them to solve real, everyday problems. Dan Russell, a senior research scientist at Google, will cover topics that will help you:
- Find just what you’re looking for, faster
- Get right to the most credible sources
- Solve even the most challenging questions
Another live session of Power Searching with Google begins on September 24!
Register now to complete the course alongside a community of global participants and when the course begins you'll receive:
- Access to community discussion forum
- The opportunity to put your new skills to test with mid and post class assessments
- Support from Google course staff
- An official Power Searching with Google certificate upon completion
How it works
The course begins on September 24 and ends on October 10. Register now and we’ll send you an email when class begins.
- Lessons and activities will be released three times a week and you can complete them at your own pace.
- You’re not alone! We provide plenty of opportunities to connect with our search experts and other Power Searching participants.
- Upon passing the course, we’ll email you a printable certificate so you can show off your Power Searcher status!
The course is composed of six classes:
- How Google works
- Extending what you know
- Advanced techniques
- Finding facts faster
- Checking your facts
- Putting it all together
Access Lesson 1.1 slides here | #powersearchingwithgoogle
Step 1 :
Step 2 :
After Registering for Power Searching with Google. Stay tuned for more information about the class which will start on September 24.
- Pre-class assessment available 2012-09-24
- Class 1 - Introduction available 2012-09-24
- Class 2 - Interpreting results available 2012-09-26
- Class 3 - Advanced techniques available 2012-09-28
- Mid-class assessment available 2012-09-28, deadline 2012-10-10 11:59pm PT
- Class 4 - Find facts faster available 2012-10-01
- Class 5 - Checking your facts available 2012-10-03
- Class 6 - Putting it all together available 2012-10-05
- Post-class assessment available 2012-10-05, deadline 2012-10-10 11:59pm PT
Course is available where Google infrastructure is available.